venerdì 5 maggio 2017

Applied photography techniques project 1


In this first project I decided to create a series of portrait shots, the motivation for this choice is that since I started learning about photography, this has always been the kind I preferred compared to others
Using this technique I tried to create a series of images my partner could choose to use on his facebook page, instagram, which he often uses to publicize his music channel on soundcloud.
During several days we have experienced different locations, always preferring the open spaces, so all the photos were taken in various parts of the city, several hours of the day.
Our goal at the outset was to highlight with these photos the style that represents andrew, so we decided to choose different clothes that would highlight his way of being, since he should have advertised himself and his music; Most of the time musicians or singers also use their dressing style to emphasize their style of music and personality, having a particular care of it seems to have become almost essential nowadays.
To capture this photo I decided to use a 50mm 1.8 lens, in this type of photography is one of the most suitable goals to use, these goals are among the brightest ones, so open diaphragms allow you to shoot in situations of poor brightness Especially to control the depth of field, getting blurry backgrounds, a kind of characteristic that helps you in portrait photography.
To better understand the style that these photos were supposed to follow, I've done a lot of instagram research on singers, musicians who follow my partner's style, what kind of photos they prefer to advertise their image.



 

 

 

 

 

 

























 In all these photos portrayed people can capture the attention both to the particular way they have to dress from which their style emerges, and to the particular locations that have been chosen, another important part is the poses with which These people are photographed, making the subject as natural as possible to create the image more or less credible, the naturalness of the subject is the thing that in my opinion manages to make the portrait more fascinating; It is by no means easy for the subject to be credible in this type of photo so the communication between photographer and subject is very important, the photographer can help the subject choose his best poses.


OUTCOME






































By making a final evaluation of all these photos I can say I'm pretty happy with the result; The lens I used as I said was the 50mm 1.8, was the first time I used this lens, compared to the photos I took previously I definitely see a remarkable improvement, but still not entirely satisfied; In many of these photos the subject is not well-defined and is very blurred, I think the reason for this is surely for my mistakes, but also because this lens works better when there is much light, while in the later hours of the In the afternoon it does not do so much; For this reason I would try to buy a 50mm 1.4, maybe improving the quality of these photos
I have managed to find some of these photos to satisfy Andrew's requests, which he has published on various social issues;

These are the shots that have been published.














Nessun commento:

Posta un commento